iOS Software Engineer, Karşıyaka / Turkey, 1986, M
I led development on Anadolu Mobil for iOS from December 2011 through
Send me a message to eekin(at)anadolu(dot)edu(dot)tr.
Buy me a beer.
Erk works as iOS Developer at ICTerra. He's a student at Computer Engineering Ph.D. program, Hacettepe University. He has bachelor's degree in civil engineering, has M.Sc in GIS. He loves fine and bad arts. Speaks Turkish, Enlgish, Fernch, Rssui#!5an. This is his resumé. His academic history is here.
5 YEARS TOTAL
February 2015 - February 2016 Innova, iOS developer & Software Architect
Currently working on Cabin Crew Enterprise App for Turkish Airlines. Besides I have two side projects called XO – A Multiplayer Board Game and Zapla!, - A smart, TV guide.
December 2011 - 2015 Anadolu University BAUM Team leader & iOS developer - (educational apps)
- Exams without borders application - As a developer I took full initiative for the concept and created the iPad app which enabled visually impaired students to take exams together with other students. The app won a jury award from the ‘Eskisehir Chamber of Industry’ and the story was highlighted on Apple’s website: http://www.apple.com/in/education/real-stories/anadolu/
- Anadolu Mobile application: Took the initiative for creating and upgrading the app for Anadolu University, the app provides all necessary features for staff and students. I’ve streamlined web services from services that weren’t streamlined and gathered them into one place. Pioneered providing open material to the students by implementing iTunes U content into the app. It was the first use of iTunes U for a Turkish university.
- Team leader: responsible for creating and managing the planning and distribution of tasks for the developers.
March 2012 - 2015 Dilişim - Team Leader & iOS Developer (educational & reference apps)
- Team leader: responsible for the planning, organizing daily short meetings Scrums, distributing tasks and improving the team by scouting and hiring employees. Led the development and introduction of application issue-, bug tracking- and version control systems and an administration panel that clients used for changing their content within the application, which supports offline-caching. Provided communication between clients and team in order to serve their needs and requirements and as a result the necessary mockups were created. Took a role as a developer in the process and worked out 10+ mobile apps for the iOS platform and tested apps for the Android mobile platform. Gathered feedback in the test-phase of developing and implemented the eventual changes into the products.
September 2013 - 2015 Anadolu University’s Computer engineering department lecturer
- Giving a weekly course aiming to help students providing the best practices in Software Engineering.
OTHER JOB EXPERIENCE
Freelance October 2011
Ankara University, Landscape Architecture Department Scientific Research Project, Landscape Character Mobile App
September 2009 – June 2011 Anadolu University
Civil Engineer in a Scientific Research Project (Akropol Engineering), Eskişehir.
January 2006 Land of Lights, English Local Newspaper
Graphic Designer and Web Developer, Muğla.
September 2015 – Present Hacettepe University
Computer Engineering Department, Ph.D. (Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Mehmet Önder EFE), Eskişehir, Turkey.
September 2012 – Present Anadolu University
Computer Engineering Department, Ph.D. (Supervisor: Assoc. Prof. Özgür YILMAZEL), Eskişehir, Turkey.
September 2009 – September 2011 Anadolu University
Satellite and Space Sciences Research Institute, Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems, Master’s Program (Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Alper ÇABUK), Eskişehir, Turkey.
September 2005 – September 2009 Eskişehir Osmangazi University
Faculty of Architecture and Engineering, Civil Engineering Department, Bachelor’s Degree, Eskişehir, Turkey.
- April 2015, Istanbul Tech Talks, Turkey.
- August 2014 4 days UX Design Principals Education, Eskişehir, Turkey.
- April 2013 kod.io candidate, İstanbul, Turkey.
- March 2013 NSConference candidate, Leicester, England.
- July 2011 IBM EMEA Best Student Recognition Event 2011, La Gaude, Nice, France.
- June 2008, 2009 Boğaziçi University Design and Construct Steel Bridge Contest, İstanbul.
- October 2008, 2009 PROSteel Steel Structure Design Contest, İstanbul.
- March 2008 Grafikerler.net Poster Design Contest.
- March 2006 Genç Patronlar Innovative Idea Contest, Eskişehir.
- English (Advanced)
- Turkish (Native)
- French (Beginner)
- Others: Docker, C, Clojure, TestFlight, Adobe Photoshop, Sketch, Dreamweaver, PHP, SQLite, MySQL, PostgreSQL.
HONOUR AND AWARDS
- Jury award from the Eskisehir Chamber of Industry, 2013.
- Cum Leade, 2005, 2006, 2009, Eskişehir Osmangazi University.
- Boğaziçi University Steel Bridge Contest, İstanbul.
- Municipality of Odunpazarı, Poster Design, Eskişehir
- İkinci Ihlara Valley Art Academy, Aksaray.
These are the apps that I created during my software career.
Anadolu Mobile - Official campus and open-education app of Anadolu University
Estram - Official local tram company app for Eskişehir citizens.
XO! - A multiplayer Tic Tac Toe game.
Zapla! - Smart TV guide for TV addictive.
Gelişim Koleji - App for local college Geleişim Koleji
NSK Armature - A local armature company producing a wide range of products.
Engelsiz Sınav - Online assignment iPad app for visually impaired students.
Motto: Büyük ihtimalle haksızım! (Most probably I'm wrong!)